The Daily Blue

The Student News Site of Central Heights High School

The Daily Blue

The Daily Blue

It’s Fall Y’all

Upcoming Events in the Month of October
Getty Images/iStockphoto

It’s officially fall and many fall-related activities are taking place in the month of October. This month is also bully awareness and fentanyl awareness month. Below is a list of all the exciting events happening this month.

PSAT and SAT Testing

On Wednesday, October 11, 9-11 graders will take the PSAT to better prepare them for the SAT. Seniors will be taking the SAT that will open up opportunities for scholarships.

Pineywoods Fair

The Pineywoods Fair will take place on October 11-15. With fun rides, good food, and many competitions like photography, cooking, art, Ag projects, and animal showings it is definitely something to look forward to.

4-Day Weekend

On Friday, October 13, there will be no school due to the fair. The following Monday will be a teacher work day, so rest up and enjoy the long weekend!

College Readiness

On Wednesday, October 18, a college readiness coach will be coming to talk to juniors and seniors about preparations for college.

College Information Night

On Thursday, October 19, there will be a meeting at 6:00 p.m. for seniors to discuss what to expect for college and ways to plan ahead for it.

Pink Out

This year’s Pink Out game will be held on Friday, October 20, against Huntington with varsity starting at 4:30. T-shirts are being sold for $20 and all proceeds will go towards Rikki Solomon.

Red Ribbon Week

October 23-27 is Red Ribbon week to encourage everyone to be drug free. This year’s dress up days are as followed:

Monday 10/23 – “Drugs Don’t add up” (nerd day)

Tuesday 10/23 – “Hocus Pocus Drugs Aren’t our focus” (Hocus Pocus Day)

Wednesday 10/23 – “Being drug free is a state of mind” (Dress up as your favorite state)

Thursday 10/23 – “Drugs aren’t cool in Era” (Taylor Swift or Decades Day)

Friday 10/23 –  “It’s not safe to surf or ride on drugs”(Teen Beach Movie Day)

Fall Festival

Friday October 27 from 5:30-8:00 is this year’s Fall Festival. There will be booths with games, food, and is fun for all ages.