FCA meetings change to Monday nights

Fellowship of Christian Athletes’ logo

The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is a student-led non-denominational bible study that focuses on campus and community ministry. 

“Although athletes is in the name of our club, we welcome all highschool students,” FCA leader Fletcher Colgan said. “FCA allows our students to fellowship and unite together with the goal of strengthening our faith in ourselves and the student body.” 

Seniors Fletcher Colgan and Mallory Richardson lead the FCA club. 

“FCA is traditionally led by seniors, so Mallory and I decided to step up to the task,” Colgan said. “We could not do it without the support of our family, school, community and students.” 

The new leaders decided to change the meeting this time this year for the first time in history. 

“We meet every Monday at 6:30 p.m.,” Colgan said. “It traditionally met on Fridays mornings at 7:00 AM, but I wanted to change the time to do something different and give more students such as late arrival an opportunity to come.” 

FCA meets on the bleachers at the Central Heights track.

“Traditionally FCA has met in the gym, but especially with the current pandemic meeting outside is perfect,” Colgan said. “We may have to move it to another location inside since our daylight is fading and temperatures are cooling down.” 

FCA meetings consist of a game or beginning activity and a lesson. 

“Mallory and I are the primary speakers and typically rotate weekly leading the lesson and game,” Colgan said. “We are open to allowing other students to speak or bringing in guest speakers, so just come to talk to Mallory or I and we will put you on the schedule.”