Sign up for Academic UIL this week

Please consider joining an Academic UIL team this year. Even though the sign-up sheet is no longer in the 200 hallway, you may see high school academic coordinator Mrs. Sullivan, or the coach of the contest in which you are interested. The district competition is Monday, March 22, but preparation begins now. If you are a self-driven competitor, then consider joining a team.

Central Heights has had great success competing in the last few years, winning the district title for Academic UIL in 2018 and again in 2019. Competing in Academic UIL offers an opportunity to compete in a different way than through athletics but with the same schools. This year, Central, Corrigan, Huntington, Pineywoods Academy, and Diboll are in our district.  This competition also gives seniors the ability to write this achievement on college applications, and if a student reaches the state tournament, he or she is eligible to apply for a TILF scholarship.   Though it is early in the year, students and coaches become more and more excited about the potential for winning the closer they get to the competition. The students who win first, second, and third place, as well as the first-place team, will advance to regionals in Brenham, and then the next step is the state competition in May. 

Categories:

Accounting-Duke

Calculator Applications-Splann

Computer Applications-Tipton

Current Issues & Events-Sullivan

Editorial Writing-Sullivan

Feature Writing-Sullivan

Headline Writing-Sullivan

Informative Speaking-Sullivan

Literary Criticism-Johnson

Mathematics-Splann

News Writing-Sullivan

Number Sense-Splann

Persuasive Speaking-Sullivan

Poetry-Graff

Prose-Graff

Ready Writing-Johnson

Science-Wurtz

Social Studies-Graff

Spelling & Vocabulary-Sullivan