StuCo Hosts Hit Kickball Game

A new idea was introduced to Donna Johnson earlier this month by the StuCo officers about hosting a kickball game between the highschool student body. StuCo started a new tradition this previous Saturday night, which ended in a big success.

Many students from the high school came to the softball fields on Saturday to support their peers who participated in the game. This healthy competition between freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors was a fun way to incorporate all of the student body in a fun and active activity.

The game started off at 6 p.m. with the freshman and sophomores going head to head to win. However, due to the fact the underclassmen lacked the right amount of people for a team, students from the junior class were added to the sophomore team. The game ended with sophomores winning nine runs to the freshman’s five, allowing the sophomore class to play in the championship game later on that night.

The game that followed was between the junior and senior classes. Although the juniors started off strong in the first half of the first inning, scoring 3 runs against the seniors, their lead slowly dwindled as the senior class started fighting back. By the end of the third inning, the seniors were leading the game with a three-point lead, and the junior class just could not keep up. This game ended around 7 p.m. with the seniors beating the juniors by five. This win allowed the senior class to play against the sophomore class for the champion title. The juniors and freshmen joined with the juniors in this final game.

This final game started off with the seniors carrying momentum from their previous win against the juniors, and taking the lead. The senior class remained in the lead the whole game despite the fact that the opposing team had an abundance of people from a variety of grades. The final game ended with a final score of 5-1 and the seniors took the spirit stick home .

A special thanks is given to the StuCo officers for putting this fun activity on that provided snacks and drinks as well, with the proceeds going to StuCo. This hopefully opened up the idea to incorporate this fun game into the years to come.