Homecoming Festivities to be held at newer, bigger location

2020’s homecoming court poses after coronation. (Front row left to right) Fallon Estes, Rozlyn Graff (Back row left to right) Grace Haley, Aidan LaGraff, Madison Godfried, Trent Fuller, Bailee Hudson, Dayton Yates

Although the COVID-19 pandemic has put a damper on many students’ year, they can look forward to an excellent homecoming night. 

Homecoming festivities will be held at SFA’s William R. Johnson Coliseum on Jan. 15, 2021. The Coliseum is much bigger than our home Johnston Gymnasium which will allow for spectators to practice social distancing while still encouraging fans to participate in homecoming activities and cheer on the Blue Devils.  

The night will begin with the presentation of the homecoming court at 5:30 p.m. in the . Each club and sport that has chosen to participate in homecoming coronation has spent the past several weeks voting on students to represent their clubs. All senior boy and girl students will be in the running for homecoming King, Queen, and runner up. Ballots were sent out to all high school students to weigh in their opinion. 

Following coronation and the crowning of the homecoming King and Queen, the Blue Devil and Lady Devil Varsity Basketball teams will face off against Corrigan.  bring home a victory crown on homecoming night. 

Central Heights seems to have some eager fans wanting to score a seat to watch the game in person. However, due to a limited capacity and our eager fans, tickets are selling out quickly, so it is advised to purchase tickets ASAP. Tickets can be purchased at sfatickets.com. Adult tickets are $5 while student tickets are $3. Students in Homecoming Court do not need to purchase tickets. 

The school board has voted against having a homecoming dance to limit the spread of the virus.

“It is in the success of our students that we have decided to cancel the annual homecoming dance,” Student Council sponsor Donna Johnson, said. “We want our students to be able to stay in school and learn from teachers in our classroom and not through a computer screen.”